Cannes is the second city of business tourism in France. Thanks to the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, to the competence of its teams, to its services and its state of the art equipments, Cannes reinforces its attractiveness and offers itself a worldwide visibility that many envy. This positioning aims at excellence. In an ultra competitive market where the stakes are multiple, the Palais des Festivals must differentiate itself by relying on its policy of Corporate Social Responsibility - Quality, Safety, Environment (CSR-QSE).
Since 2009, the stakes of sustainable development are at the heart of our concerns. This proactive approach has already been rewarded, as the Palais became the first European center to be triple certified. Until 2021, this triple certification was led on the ISO referentials : ISO 9001 (Quality) - ISO 14001 (Environment) - OHSAS 18001 (Health and Safety). The Palais des Festivals and Congresses of Cannes was also evaluated, in 2012 and 2014, in conformity with the guidelines relating to the social responsibility of the standard ISO 26000.
Oggi il Palazzo dei Festival e dei Congressi di Cannes è certificato ISO 9001 (Qualità), ISO 18788 (Sicurezza) dal 2019 e ISO 20121 (Gestione responsabile degli eventi) dal 2022.
The ISO 9001 standard ensures a management framework that promotes the continuous improvement of services by ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
The standard ISO 18788 takes into account the pursuit and the permanent improvement in the operations of security ensuring the guarantee of a secure perimeter for the whole of the goods and persons on site. The Palais des Festivals and Congresses of Cannes is the 1st congress center in France to have obtained this certification.
The ISO 20121 standard reflects our desire to take into account the expectations and interests of our customers, suppliers, partners and all of our stakeholders who make up our sphere of influence in order to articulate our entire approach around the four principles of sustainable development, in line with our fundamental values: the principle of transparency, integrity, inclusion and duty of care.
Cannes ceryified Destination, sustainable & Innovative Destination
Created by France Congrès et Evènements and 9 pilot destinations (Biarritz, Bordeaux, Cannes, Deauville, Marseille, Metz, Nancy, Nantes and Rennes), the label aims to commit all destinations to sustainable development. The approach covers both business and leisure tourism, with the advantage of involving all the players in the area (local authorities, emblematic places and events, socio-professionals, visitors, local residents, etc.) in the implementation of the objectives. The aim is to provide visitors with responsible offers throughout their stay: hotels, restaurants, mobility, activities, shopping, cultural events.
This label is linked to the ISO 20121 certification, which deals with the challenges of responsible events. It is divided into 8 issues for 26 actions:
- 1) Deploying open and transparent governance
- 2) Strengthen sustainable mobility to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050
- 3) Promote responsible consumption and fight against waste
- 4) Make tourism a driver for inclusion
- 5) Enhance the economy and protect the destination's heritage
- 6) Mobilise resources to foster sustainable innovation in the tourism sector
- 7) Involve tourists, professionals and event organisers in the sustainable dynamic
- 8) Pay specific attention to public safety
Our first partners :
- In order to deploy this approach, several partners are already involved in the "Sustainable Innovative Destination" label:
- La Ville de Cannes
- L'hôtel Barrière Le Majestic Cannes
- L'hôtel Barrière Le Gray d’Albion cannes
- Lenôtre Traiteur
Our CSR-QSE policy:
Our CSR-CSR policy sets out our missions, principles, values and priority issues. Our priority issues are associated with different objectives.
Our responsible objectives :
- Reduce our environmental impact: manage waste sustainably, reduce our energy consumption, measure and reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, etc.
- Ensuring a good reception and working conditions: ensuring the health and safety of people, raising staff awareness of responsible issues...
- Corporate sustainability: modernize infrastructures, support associations and other local actors in favor of the environment, launch and perpetuate new exhibitions...
Our quality objectives :
- Strengthen the confidence of all our interlocutors: measure the satisfaction of our customers, strengthen our links with our stakeholders...
- Control our services, those of our staff and suppliers: monitor our services, evaluate our service providers, etc.
- Continuously improving the "Palais" experience: conducting audits, managing document management, monitoring mapping processes, etc.
Our safety/security objectives:
- Guarantee the safety of people and goods, the security of events and the safety of our employees abroad: Guarantee the protection of all, ensure the protection of equipment, secure access, control emergency situations, protect employees travelling abroad...
- Guarantee the respect of Human Rights and of our Ethics Charter: identify zero reprehensible acts on the part of our agents...
Our ethics charter :
It addresses the respect of Human Rights, environmental protection, continuous improvement, diversity & fight against discrimination, ethical business conduct, local societal commitment, respect of customers & stakeholders interests, international agreements, national & local commitments.
We support and promote the Cannes Foundation and the Cannes Endowment Fund.
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès supports the Foundation and the Cannes Endowment Fund since 2015, as a founding administrator but also as a patron.
These two organizations dedicated to the development of the territorial patronage in Cannes allows to support financially useful and concrete projects for the benefit of the inhabitants in the fields of the access to the culture, the education, the help to the vulnerable persons, the sport with educational vocation as well as the sustainable development. The objective of this approach is to bring together a community of individual and corporate donors who voluntarily commit themselves to promote a harmonious economic and social development in Cannes.
The Cannes Endowment Fund supports the PRIME project:
Faced with the climate emergency and the successive crises, the sustainability of the Mediterranean coastline is threatened, as well as the local environment of Cannes. The PRIME project (Posidonia Restoration Initiative for a resilient Mediterranean Ecosystem), led operationally by NaturDive (local association) and Blue Leaf Conservation (local start-up), allows to fight against these problems, through public awareness, protection and restoration of Posidonia meadows of the coast.
Endemic species of the Mediterranean, the posidonia has many virtues and is a carbon sink much higher than that of the Amazonian forest. The project's ambition, in the long term, is to be labeled low carbon, in order to offer anyone interested the possibility of offsetting their greenhouse gas emissions that could not be reduced. It could thus be one of the first "blue carbon" projects (alongside "green" projects focused on forest restoration) in the Mediterranean.
For all information
QSE Manager - Sustainable Development